...From the moment you sign up
Whether you're a first timer or a regular ultra walker - we offer you the best support possible for your Challenge.
...For 52 miles in the wild
The Laugauvegurinn Trail has colourful mountains, glaciers, hot springs, rivers & lakes. A great backdrop for an adventure!
...From start to finish
Rest stops en route, great food & drink, medics, pace walkers, guides, transport & lots of encouragement!
2 day challenge
...With wilderness camping
Take on a real challenge trekking 52 miles in 2 days. 24-hours of daylight, mild temperatures and stunning views.
...Extend your stay
Book a 2-night extension so you can go whale watching, have a city tour of Reykjavik and visit the Blue Lagoon.
We'll help you...
...So you're ready to go for it
Includes a free training place a 50km UK Ultra Challenge & an invite to London briefing event - chance to meet the team
A Challenge - an Adventure
2 Marathon Treks in 2 Days 27-30 August 2017
The famous Laugavegurinn Trail provides a dramatic backdrop for The Iceland Challenge - a new 4 day adventure with 2 days of marathon distance trekking & camping under the stars. Just like our UK Ultra Challenges you'll be fully supported with great hospitality & first class logistics. We all need adventures to invigorate & energise - so join us in 2017!
Day 1 - Sun 27 August - Arrive Iceland
- Depart London on group flights
- Arrive Reykjavik or meet at airport (if own flights)
- Coach transfer to South Iceland
- Camp in Afangagil. Briefing, dinner & sleep!
Day 2 - Mon 28 August - 0-42km
- Early start & first trek begins
- 2 rest stops & lunch en route
- Trek to campsite in Hrafntinnusker
- Dinner, briefing & sleep
Day 3 - Tue 29 August - 42-84km
- Very early early start - 4.00am
- 2 rest stops & lunch en route
- Medals, t-shirt & fizz
- Transfer to hotel near Reykjavik
- Celebratory dinner & party
Day 4 - Wed 30 August - Return to UK or Extension
- Breakfast in hotel
- Transfer to airport for group flights to London
Extension Package Only:
- Check in to city centre hotel
- Lunch included
- Whale Watching tour
- Dinner at a local seafood restaurant
Day 5 - Thursday 31 August - Extension Package
- Breakfast & check out
- Blue lagoon visit
- Transfer to airport for flight home
- Participant area on website - kit lists / training plans
- Return flights - London to Reykjavik (land only package available)
- 1 hotel night near Reykjavik (twin share - single option available)
- 2 nights of camping (twin share - single option available)
- All Camping Equipment (excl. sleeping bag)
- All meals - including breakfast on final day
- Full support from our team - rest stops, snacks, meals
- Mapped & guided route, medics
- Glass of Icelandic fizz & medal at the finish line
- Celebration - with dinner & party
- Pre-event briefing with Q&A session
- FREE place on one of our 50km UK Ultra Challenges
Sign up and get FREE 'Iceland Challenge' branded fleece
How to Join:
SELF FUND OPTION - You pay the full cost - just like a holiday
FUNDRAISING OPTION - A minimum target for a charity of your choice
FLIGHTS - Included in either options above - OR you book your own
OPTIONAL EXTENSION - Stay on for excursions with transport & hotel
If you've a question - call 0207 609 6695 or email email@example.com